Friday, July 20, 2012

the $150 shopping spree - update post

I posted my latest $150 shopping spree purchase in this post, but I thought I'd give an update on the shopping spree, a recap on why I'm doing it, and what I intend to do with the rest of the spree money!

First off, if you want to read the original post, you can find it here.

Birth of the $150 shopping spree

As most of you know, my husband, Alex, and I have been on a very tight budget since he moved in and we got married. We've been working really hard to pay off all our debt and minimize our monthly expenses. It's been really really hard to resist the temptation to spend money, especially avoiding shopping!

Even though it's been really hard, if you've been following my posts you know that we've done really well, managing to cut our monthly expenses drastically. (You can find info about that in these posts.)

As a way to alleviate the stress of pinching pennies, Alex and I decided to let me have a small 'shopping spree.' Now, I know that $150 doesn't sound like much, but it has really gone a long way.

Complete list of shopping spree posts
 


Future plans

I have $83.25 left in my shopping spree. I intend to spend this on a new pair of flats for work (the pair I've loved for the past few years have broken soles now!), as well as a swimsuit cover up. Other than that, whatever catches my eye!

2 comments:

  1. This is cool, I love the R2 d2 costume. What did you think of the nail stickers? I bought a pack a while ago but haven't tried them out yet. Have fun spending the rest of the money!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked them, but I wish that I had picked a design that didn't have any jewels on them. The jewels make them super hard to work with and a little too blingy for me.

    ReplyDelete