Tuesday, March 27, 2012

the $150 shopping spree - part 1

Since I’ve been really, really craving shopping lately, Alex and I discussed using some of our extra income this month for me to spend however I like.
It may take me awhile to spend the whole $150, since I'll want to hoard it, so I’ll post as I spend it and what on!

I started with a package of glitter, and some clear nail polish. I saw a tutorial awhile back that said that you can make your own glitter nail polish by adding glitter to clear nail polish.

Clear nail polish: $1.80
Glitter: $3.41 with a coupon












After doing this, I’m not sure I’d recommend it. I let the polish sit for awhile, and the glitter settled at the bottom of the bottle. I had to shake it a bunch to make the glitter disperse a little. It was also really hard to get the nail polish to go on evenly, and I didn’t really like the look.


My conclusion was that I’m better off spending the extra money on actual glitter nail polish.

Stay tuned – maybe I can figure out another way to use all this glitter!

$$ left: 144.79

No comments:

Post a Comment