Wednesday, March 21, 2012

diy sequin'd bra

If I had to pick one thing that I buy the most of on a regular basis, it would be under garments! It’s not that I don’t have enough, or that anyone really sees it, I just enjoy having underwear that makes me feel pretty and is comfortable!
Naturally, when I saw a sequined bra (probably on Pinterest!) I felt that I needed one. However, I couldn’t stomach the price tag!

So I set off to find the things I needed to do this. I got all of these things at Wal-Mart for less than $25.
I used iron-on strips to attach the sequined material to the bra, and hand sewed along the edges to make sure it would stay.
 
I did the same thing with the underwear, but it was much more challenging since the underwear would stretch when worn. I will wear the sequined bra, but am not sure that the underwear will see much use or hold up very well.

Ta-da! My very own sequined bra and underwear!

2 comments:

  1. When I first saw this post, it made me laugh. And then I read what you did and they look like they turned out really well. I have to say I'm impressed, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It turned out much better than I expected!

    ReplyDelete