Wednesday, April 4, 2012

the $150 shopping spree - kitchen shelf

Awhile ago, a friend of mine moved into the same apartment complex where Alex and I live. When visiting her apartment, I noticed she had a shelf over her kitchen sink. It looked so handy, and I began imagining how nice it would be to have a shelf over my sink to put my cookbooks on!

Look at how empty that space looks!

So I spent some of my shopping spree money on the stuff for a shelf.
I got a piece of pine (8ft x 10 inches) and had it cut to fit the space above my sink, as well as some simple L-brackets to hang the shelf.

I painted the piece of wood black, since I thought that would look the best in my kitchen. (I wanted to paint it purple, but my husband wasn’t sure about that idea!)

Then I got the maintenance team in the apartment complex to come hang it for me! (I don’t own a power drill, for good reason.)

Piece of wood and L-Brackets: $8.60
$$ left: 128.30

No comments:

Post a Comment