Friday, April 27, 2012

hiking

One of my goals for this summer is to hike significantly more than I did last summer. I often feel a little lame that I live in Colorado, which is such a beautiful place, but I don't get out and enjoy it that much!

To help me with this goal, I got this book:

100 Classic Hikes in Colorado 

It classifies the hikes by location and the time it takes to hike them. It gives information like how to get to the start of the trail, specifics on which trails to take, and even what time of the year you should hike them! Time of year to do a hike is a really important piece of information, because as you get to higher altitudes, it gets colder and there could still be snow on some hikes.

Hiking is a good source of exercise/entertainment because it's pretty inexpensive. The only costs associated are the gas it takes to get to the trail, and potentially a park fee if the hike is in a state or national park.

I'll try to remember to take lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment