Tuesday, May 8, 2012

my weekend - albuquerque, nm

                 
                  

This past weekend we drive down to Albuquerque, NM for my cousin's birthday. She had a Star Wars/Cinco De Mayo themed party, and I convinced Alex to dress up with me for the occasion. I was R2D2, and he was C3PO.

*Side note: I have an awesome husband. There aren't many that would agree to dress up as C3PO , putting all his trust in my (maybe?) capable hands!

Anyway, I made both of our costumes for a fraction of the price of what it would have cost to buy us both costumes.

R2D2:

a white dress - I already owned this
gray duct tape - had this in the laundry room already
blue duct tape - $3.37

C3PO:

white t-shirt - Alex already had one
khaki shorts - Alex already had these
gold glitter fabric paint -$3.87
multicolored yarn - $2.74

Oh, and, this should probably come out of my shopping spree.

Total: $9.98

$$ left: $104.84

No comments:

Post a Comment