Wednesday, February 13, 2013

jewelry organizer

I saw this idea for a jewelry organizer on Pinterest awhile ago. I'd been thinking of getting an actual jewelry box, but this looked so cute I had to try it! The bonus was, I already had an extra bulletin board, so I didn't have to buy anything except the ribbon.

The tutorial I found for this covered a piece of corkboard in fabric then framed it, adding ribbons and tacks for the jewelry last. I used a bulletin board, which gave me the piece of corkboard already framed. I covered the frame in pretty ribbon, and added complimenting ribbon for the jewelry. (You could also paint the frame of the bulletin board!)

My only complaint with this was that the ribbon that is holding the earrings tends to droop over time. As I add more earrings, it gets heavier and starts to sag. To fix this, I put a couple extra tacks in the ribbon, so it stays straight across and the earrings don't fall off.

You can find the source here.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwe thats cute! Where have you hung it? Thats a very neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's hanging in my bathroom for easy access when I'm getting ready in the morning. :)

      Delete