Monday, June 4, 2012

sunday dinner

On Sunday, I was faced with the dilemma of not having a dinner plan. Since it was pretty warm outside and I didn't want to use the oven, but still wanted to make enough of something that I'd have leftovers for lunch at work, I decided to use my crockpot.

I found this recipe in one of my cookbooks and decided to make it. I had all the ingredients on hand except the piece of meat. The recipe says to use beef, but I used pork. I also halved the recipe, since my pork roast was only 2.5 lbs.


Halfway through cooking:
Cooked and shredded:

The nice thing about this recipe is that you can eat the meat multiple ways. I ate it on noodles the first night, on sandwiches, and made wraps out of it as well.

Barbecued Beef Roast
500 Heart-Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
Dick Logue

4 lb beef round roast
1 cup low-sodium ketchup
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar

Place roast in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pur over. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 10 hours.

Makes 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment