Tuesday, June 5, 2012

pinterest on a budget!?!

Let me start by saying...Pinterest is wonderful. I spend (or waste?) so much time on Pinterest.

Obviously, I have my own boards. I'm not really obsessive about pinning to them. I really only pin to them if I find something online I want to hang onto, or find something on Pinterest that I don't want to lose. (I find that a lot of the Pinterest pins are re-pinned so many times that I don't have to pin them to find them.)

Where I spend the most time is just looking at what other people have pinned. And sometimes, that leads to me trying recipes or craft ideas that I otherwise wouldn't have. Some of the things have the potential to be money savers, but if they don't work...you've just spent more money then you would have.

One of my latest Pinterest attempts - do it yourself body sugaring. (Like waxing, but supposed to be less painful.)

http://tipnut.com/body-sugaring/

This pin intrigued me because I do occasionally like to wax my legs, but find it to be a huge hassle and kind of expensive. I followed the instructions at the website above, and it went alright. 

I used a whole bottle of honey, found some cheap cotton fabric, bought some wooden craft sticks to spread it, and got a glass jar to put the extra in.
After making this stuff and trying it, I am going to deem it a half success. It worked about half the time, and half the time I'd pull the cotton strip off my leg, to find that the wax was still on my leg. It was also really messy.

I spent about $7 on this little experiment, and will probably never use it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment