Friday, September 28, 2012

chocolate zucchini muffins

My aunt gave me a zucchini out of her garden, so I had to find a way to use it! My aunt makes a lot of chocolate zucchini bread, so I decided to try muffins. I found this recipe online, here.


Ingredients:
    1/3 C boiling water
    2 C shredded zucchini
    1 1/2 C flour
    1/2 C cocoa
    3/4 C sugar
    1 1/4 t baking soda
    1 t salt
    1 t cinnamon
    1/2 C vegetable oil (canola is good!)
    3 eggs
    1 t vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, pour boiling water over zucchini. Add all other ingredients and stir just until well combined. Line muffin pans with paper muffin cups, and use a 1/4 cup measure to pour batter into cups. Bake for 30 minutes. Yields 18 muffins.

Number of Servings: 18


Shredding zucchini - it was very moist and little gloopy, don't worry about that.
Mixed up batter
 I also added about 1/3 Cup of dark chocolate chips, because I had them (I highly recommend this!!)
 Muffins in the pan
Finished zucchini muffins!! Deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment